Wednesday, November 16, 2011

They Say Blondes Have More Fun...

And who says you can't be blonde if you're asian?  :)

I've been gradually lightening my hair this past year. When my friends hear me say "I'm going to go fix my roots " they know by now that it means I'll come out a shade lighter overall.  I  think its partly for myself - I'm not entirely sure I want to go super light yet and in denial about wanting to go full on blonde - and partly for my parents - who think that going blonde ==> singleness. HA!  Each time I go to "do my roots," people do comment with "Did you go lighter?" to which I respond: "nah, I did my roots so it just seems that way."

So now you know.  You're not going crazy!

But for those worrying I'll go too OC Housewife on them, I've recently been noticing a new hair trend that I think I am VERY tempted to try out, OMBRE for hair:

photo courtesy of: http://www.le-happy.com/

Another more "wearable" verion:

photo courtesy of: http://www.sincerelyjules.com/


Btw, you should check out these 2 blogs if you're ever bored or need some style inspiration. I particularly like the bottom one. She takes basic pieces and puts them together in original ways.  I find it especially inspiring during periods where I feel like I have nothing to wear (which might be every other day). 



If i were especially daring I would just go blonde AND ombre a la LC:


Anyways, this posting is just a heads up. So don't freak out if I show up unexpectedly dyed. At least its better and a step up from green (which btw I really liked even if no one else did):


(Apologies in advance to Andrew and Justin, but this was the only good pic of my hair haha)






No comments:

Post a Comment