Monday, January 9, 2012

Happ-AY New Year!

In true jennay fashion, i'm wishing everyone a Happy New Year 9 days late.  Perhaps my new years resolution should be to be on time. But alas, that did not make the cut onto this year's list. ;)

Happ-AY new year!!!



We are only 9 days in and already I've:

  • baked and iced 220 cookies  (and re-watched the entire Season 1 of Grey's Anatomy while doing it)
  • bagged and bowed 220 cookies (I am now a MASTER bow maker - come and challenge my new skill!)
  • attended my first dol of the year
  • attended my first baby shower of the year

Honestly, today was the first day where it really felt like 2012! I'm going to start a tally on the left. I am going to see how many dols/baby showers/bridal showers/weddings I attend this year.  Last year was roughly 4/2/5/8.  Busy year.  And to boot,  a year ago today I had not decorated a single cookie!

This year's resolutions:
  • wash my face before I sleep
  • minimize the # of times I mistake face wash for toothpaste or vice versa  (the 2011 tally is at 2 I believe. Not bad!)
  • read more! GoT, Hunger Games, Dragon Tattoo - I'm looking at YOU
  • BE ON TIME FOR CHURCH! and not just before worship ends.
  • make homemade vanilla extract!
So far i'm only 1 in 9 for resolution #1. Eep.

Anyone else have any good resolutions? And stay tuned, a lot of posts are in the works. Hope you guys are having a good start to the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment